Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tater Mitts

Before I begin, I'm gonna ask you to do yourself a favor and head over to www.tatermitts.com for a quick demo video. No no, go ahead. I'll wait . . .

. . . Did you watch it? Awesome right? Here's the thing. They don't look like anything groundbreaking, but I have to admit that I can totally get next to any product with "tater" in the name. Tater tots? Yes, please. Tater Mitts? Let's get to peeling some Idaho Russets. Tater-ade? Gotta love me some starchy electrolytes. Master-Tater? Where did Rene run off to so quickly and why does his room always smell like baked potatoes?

Okay, so I admit I don't even know what that last one was. I just thought it sounded funny.

You know, my only beef with any and every infomercial are the people that they have perform the most common, menial tasks. These people can never seem to figure out how to use basic tools. I swear, the woman in the Tater Mitts commercial must have had some mild form of palsy. It was as though she had never seen a potato or a knife and the producer was like "Here, take these and do whatever it is that you do." After a few takes where she first bashes the knife repeatedly with the potato and then goes after the camera man, she finally gets it right. It's terrible. But at least she's getting work.

Anyway, I don't have much more to say about them.

Tater Mitts. Buy 'em.

-The Bean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tater Mitts... why didn't I think of that?